Saturday, December 28, 2013

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful



Every year, I buy a winter coat--that seems to always stay in my car or closet. I never liked wearing a coat because it always hid my outfit! Granted it didn't effect me greatly since I was in California. But now, staying warm throughout these cold months is especially important to me, as keeping baby and I away from sickness is critical to my sanity. Here are 10 chic ways to keep warm this season.



Ski Bunny On City Slopes


I don't think I need to say this but fur is the best way to stay warm--every winter. But as an animal lover, I prefer to go the faux fur route. Imposter provides a practical example of how to build the humane economy-- where business ventures are married with animal protection values and great style. I love these earmuffs!


Knit Infinity Scarf


Infinity scarves are the season's savior! A good knit infinity scarf can take a girl very far in frigid temps.




Washington


Not having a long cardigan in your wardrobe would be Scandal-ous this season. Soon to be mommy, Kerry Washington, keeps snug in an Olivia Pope-approved white long cardigan.
Side note: I can't wait for the season to return this February.



Angora at its finest

Angora and cashmere sweaters are essentials pieces to keep you warm this season. Not only are they cozy--they look luxurious. A bright color for some reason always tricks my mind into thinking it's a tad warmer out.



Shearling

Perfect for cold weather, these winter boots have textured rubber outsoles for great traction and shearling insoles to keep your little piggies toasty.



Plaid Puffer
A puffy vest can be a warm alternative to a heavy jacket. 


Head Attire
Sheltering your head and ears are the best ways to keep from catching a nasty cold--and a great way to vamp up your ootd. A knitted turban adds a recommended dose of chic to any winter look.



Leather

Kim and Lala look FAB in different lengthed leather motorcycle jackets. 



Chipahko Wool

These Chipahko Wool Sorel boots make me want to book an Aspen trip and I don't even ski!



How else can you stay warm this winter? Cuddle up with your dog. Makes me think about my dog--Precious (R.I.P. pooh bear).
Do you have any suggestions or additional ways to keep fabulously warm? Do tell.



Pin It

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment