Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Pregnant LBD



Halle Berry seen wearing a Seraphine black crochet trim tunic dress that hugs her pregnant curves perfectly. Pic courtesy of Seraphine.com

Last night I went to the annual Summit Music Festival to watch my little sister and orchestra play. The sounds from the string instruments filled the room as world renowned violinists Aaron Rosand and the crowed seemed to float on air. The entire orchestra was not only synchronized in sound but also in their all black attire which reminded me of a black velvet rope. Then what I would say was a very important question crossed my mind. "I wonder if my LBD still fits?" You see, I've refused to buy any maternity clothes during my pregnancy because I think I'm the exception and I won't gain a lot of weight lol. And truth be told, I haven't! I'm 30 weeks and have gained 19 pounds yaay me! Needless to say when I got home in the wee hours of the morning, I tried on my favorite LBD and it was snug but still fit. Coco Chanel taught the world that every girl needs a LBD in her closet at all times. And just because we're pregnant doesn't mean we are exempt. So I decided to surf the web in search of mommies-to-be that are adhering to this universal law.


Beyonce shows off her growing baby bump in Roberto Cavalli on the red carpet at a screening of Live at Roseland: The Elements of 4. Pic courtesy of The Hollywood Gossip.

Kim Kardashian in a dream shift dress that elongates and contrasts her curves. Perfect during the second trimester. Pic courtesy of Instagram.



Heidi Klum's Destination Maternity Line features designs for pregnant women. Pic courtesy of trendhunter.com. 











Pin It

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's great what a true inspiration to beautiful pregnant women!!

    ReplyDelete