THIS BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO WWW.FASHNBEAUCOUP.COM
Being a mom and being busy are two of the same. Usually this leads to putting your own needs on the back burner. Looking good doesn't have to cost a fortune nor take a lengthy amount of time. Here are 10 beauty tips for busy moms.
10. Before doing dishes, lotion hands before putting on gloves. Wash dishes as normal using hot water. The heat from the water will soften hands.
9. Witch hazel can replace your expensive skin toners. This natural astringent has many benefits. It can help fight off acne and blemishes, reduce puffy eyes, treat varicose veins, heal bruises, reduce pore size and treat razor and sun burns.You just need a few cotton balls and dab it on the affected area of your skin. And you're good to go.
8. Many condiments found in your refrigerator can be used for an at home hair treatment. Grab mayonnaise, olive oil, avocado and one egg. In a bowl, combine 1/2 avocado pureed, 1T of mayo (not light), 1t extra virgin olive oil and the yolk from your egg. Mix these ingredients until smooth and creamy. Massage into your scalp and comb through with fingers or a wide toothed comb. Put on a shower cap, or use a plastic bag. For a deep condition, warm with a hair dryer for 5 minutes. Leave on for 20 minutes or longer then wash and condition as normal.
7. You may not be able to visit your manicurists once a week as once was the case-before you became a mom. But that's no excuse to neglect your nail care. Lemons are a great way to maintain cleaner and whiter nails. Rub 1/4 of a lemon on nails, allowing the juices to run over nails. Let sit for 1 minute and voila! Don't forget to lotion hands afterwards to prevent dry hands.
6. A busy mom's makeup kit should contain mascara, an eyelash curler, eyeliner and lip gloss. All of these items can be purchased for well under $20! If you'd like you can also use ColorOn Professional Eye Envy Shadow Kits, which is a adhesive eyeshadow applicator that can be found at Sephora or on their website.
4. You woke up with puffy eyes and you have to look your best today. A quick and mess free alternative would be to place something cold on your eyes i.e. a cold spoon, hemorrhoid cream, cool tea bags. Cool objects are only a temporary solution to puffiness-which can be a symptom of another problem like sleep deprivation or allergies.
3. A scarf can drastically change and outfit depending on how busy you are that day- it may be all you have time for. It an be used for different looks and can also cover up a "spit up" stain from your little one.
2. DIY Manicure. Sally Hansen Strips are a perfect way to achieve the look of an expensive manicure without the cost and time restraint.
1. My bath time is my favorite part of the day. A time to unwind and wash off my worries and release tension. Bubble baths are a wonderful inexpensive way to treat yourself. I like to add epsom salt to relax my muscles, 1/2 cup of honey and a cup of milk to keep my skin smooth.