Thursday, September 19, 2013

Coconut Oil's Beauty Benefits




Though I'm on a maternity wear hiatus, I have been exploring new beauty regimens to see what will work for me after the arrival of my LO. Besides my weekly facial masks, scrubs and nail care routine, Coconut oil is my new go-to beauty product. I know, I know, I'm the last person to discover this amazing product. I started using it as a basic skin lotion and of course became curious of its other uses. There are plenty, but here are the 10 ways I have been using this super ingredient. 


1. As an eye makeup remover. I have used many other marketed products to remove my eye makeup but they either burned or left my eyes feeling dry-not to mention I always had to tug away at the sensitive skin around my eyes to truly remove my makeup. Coconut oil is the total opposite. Everything came off smoothly and left my skin dewy and nourished. Unlike olive oil, it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy-my skin absorbed the coconut oil giving it a healthy feeling.

2. It also works as a great stretch mark cream which I undoubtedly found intriguing in my pregnant state. Massage into the skin to help prevent and diminish stretch marks. It's best absorbed while the skin is slightly wet-so slather it on after you get out the shower. I leave my jar in the bathroom so the heat from my shower helps soften and melts the oil.

3. Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick. It leaves my lips kissably soft.

4. As an intensive nigh-time facial facial moisturizer. It also lightens age spots.

5. Coconut oil works well as a massage oil. 

6. Ditch the high-dollar face cream and use coconut oil as a daily moisturizer. My skin has never felt better.

7. Massage the oil into your scalp to treat dry, damaged hair. Rub into hair, put a shower cap on and leave for several hours. It also helps to de-frizz split ends.

8. Use it to soften hands and feet. I apply a generous amount, rubbing it into my cuticles and throw on some socks for an intensive over night treatment. 

9. As a natural shave cream and after shave lotion. 

10. When mixed with equal parts of sugar, coconut oil makes a great smoothing body scrub

There are other ways I will find coconut oil beneficial after the arrival of my LO. Coconut oil treats cradle cap, can be used as a natural lotion for baby, a great substitute for Lanolin nipple cream and much more. 



Pin It

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment