Sunday, September 22, 2013

5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles for Sleepless Mommies



The remedy for getting rid of dark circles under your eyes is always get more beauty sleep. However, I haven't been able to do so since the pressure from my LO on my bladder makes me have to use the bathroom at least every 30 minutes. At one point, I thought, " I can't wait until I deliver so I can sleep and get rid of these circles". Then reality struck--and I realized, I will be resting a lot less once he makes his arrival! So, needless to say, I went on a hunt for the best ways to treat this less than flattering issue. Here are 5 natural ways to keep a fresh face even when you're running on a few hours of rest.



1. Use cucumber slices.  Cucumber slices have long been used to reduce puffiness and refresh the appearance of skin around the eyes, providing a fast pick-me-up for tired and puffy eyes. While your LO is in slumber, place a slice over each eye, extending over the darkened area. Do this daily for 10-15 minutes.



2. Use a potato.  Liquidize a whole uncooked potato in a liquidizer. Scoop out and place the pureed potato on your eyes. Lying on your back, keep it there for 30 minutes. Wash with warm water and voila! Some spas in the good ol' US of A, charge $60 for this method!



3. Use a frozen spoon.  Put a spoon in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Take it out and place it over your dark circles and keep it there until it becomes warm again.



4. Apply cool tea bags to your eyes daily.  Lie down, preferably in the morning, and leave the cool and damp caffeinated tea bags over your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Keep your eyes closed. The tannin in tea bags reduces swelling and discoloration. You can refrigerate them overnight so they will be ready in the morning.



5. Eat well.  Eat a healthy, balanced diet, drink lots of water and take vitamins daily. Pack your meals full of healthy fruits and vegetables, like blueberries, green leafy vegetables, nuts, whole grains and fish etc. that are loaded with essential minerals and enzymes. Also, cut out salty, carbo-loaded food and processed foods as much as possible.
Pin It

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment